Sunday, July 13, 2008

'Tis the Season For ... Chocolate!

Carolina Herrera Fall 2008 Ready-to-wear Backstage - 005

The nail shade to wear for Fall/Autumn 2008? Chocolate

Wasn't that the shade last Fall too or are all my trends blending into each other? I don't know. Maybe it wasn't chocolate per se as much as it was a darker brown - perhaps chocolate means something a little different in the scope of nail color. I do know that I'm glad to see the shade re-emerge. I'm weary of trying to find navy blue and forrest green shades I can wear in colder seasons as a professional in my line of work as well as for fun. I'd rather the noir/black shades in fact. If I was 20 perhaps I could get away with it ... ummmmm ... sadly, no, still couldn't. Takes a very special find to pull it off.

In the August 2008 edition of Glamour, we're told emphatically that chocolate brown nails are the polish for Fall. In the image above, we're seeing them worn at the Carolina Herrera Fall 2008 RTW runway show in New York.

Where can you get the ones Glamour declares are the chicest? Creative Nail Design (CND), in particular the shade Baroque.



Creative Nail Design enamels sell for $6 and may be purchased at select salons and retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin