Monday, February 18, 2008

HAIRCARE REVIEW: Frederic Fekkai's Technician Glaze vs. Robert Hallowell's Love That Shine Drops



Knowing the popularity of Frederic Fekkai's haricare products I wondered how they'd hold up to Celebrity Hairstylist Robert Hallowell's pRAWduct line. I've tried the FF Glossing, Technician and Luscious Curls lines of haircare and to be honest I come back to my pRAWducts every time. Still, I was leary that the Shine Drops would hold their own against the Technician Glaze (as a "cult fave" and stuff), although I should have had more confidence! Having shown my bias, I need to assure you that I had guys and gals give me their opinions. I washed, conditioned and dried my hair same as I normally would, then as a final styling and sealing applied Technician Glaze to the left side of my hair and Love That Shine Drops to the right. No one but me knew which side I'd applied either product to and those asked were unfamiliar with both brands (yes, I DO have some non-obsessed beauty pals - lol). Of course this is by no means a scientific poll; was done for fun! Here are the results:








Technician Glaze



Love That Shine Drops



Why?




Shine




v



Definitely more brilliant shine w/ LTSD




Weight




v



FF weighed my hair down considerably whereas LTSD left it healthy and full of body




Performance




v



Shine lasted for hours and also significantly added to style efforts without added weight




Color Enhancing



v



v



Both enhanced color equally well




Texture




v



Surprised by this one; the FF is a lightweight non
-greasy feeling liquid whereas the LTSD is a slightly thicker serum so you’d think that would make it heavier on the hair; I found just the opposite




Scent




v



Again a surprise; after asking several unbiased friends which side they preferred, LTSD won unanimously




Ingredients




v



I’m going out on a limb with this one, but FF just didn’t have a chance against the herbal and natural ingredients in LTSD (see list below)




Price



v




FF is $20 for 4.2oz bottle; LTSD is $11.50 for 2oz bottle

Ingredients:


Frederic Fekkai Techinician Glaze
- Cyclopentasiloane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-

C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Acetate, Ethyl Linoleate, Arachidyl Propionate, Lecithin, Fragrance

pRAWduct Love That Shine Drops

- Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Copolyol, Whole Wheat Protein, Oat Protein, Soy Protein, Grapeseed, Fennel, Lavender, Chamomile, Basil, Rosemary, Lemon, Neroli, Apple, Orange, Grapefruit, Panthenol (vitamin B5)

Thanks to all of you who participated in the giveaway, a brand new bottle of pRAWduct Love That Shine Drops goes to - ncsaalyssa. ncsaalyssa, please email me from the email you commented with giving me your mailing address and I'll get this right out to you - thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin