Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anti-Aging Skincare FOUND and Remembered



Remembering an exquisite line of anti-aging skincare with a serum and a moisturizer so stunningly unique, potent and rare it draws a heavy sigh just at the memory of the very first experience of the formulas penetrating my skin ... FOUND.

As skincare really is my #1 passion amongst the beauty categories, it's surely not difficult to imagine that I circulate skincare brands and products ... ahem ... frequently.  So frequently in fact that it's rare that I use the same products two days or nights in a row, unless I'm reviewing.  Now having said that, I do certainly have my favorites, my ones that I go back to over and over again, my tried and true loves that sit upon my bathroom counter or secure a place in one of my bathroom drawers because they're called upon more regularly than others. Yet even those are only maybe 10 - 15 in number.

FOUND, however, has earned a very exclusive location on display in my bedroom atop the chest of drawers.  Oh, you'll find other "products" upon that chest, but not facial skincare.  I have some select body creams, a few fragrance bottles, a shine serum I love for my hair, some lipsticks (another guilty pleasure) and the Christmas card from this past year from my honey (he's been in the UK and further abroad for months on business, so it's special to me to have it close), but no other skincare "system" has pulled at my heartstrings strongly enough to warrant that I keep it out and close at hand as FOUND's Sarpa and Istr has.  You've heard about these luxurious, powerful products from me before when I first reviewed them in Fall 2008, so please check the review to read about the uniqueness of this brand, its creator Eric Cosson (a self-admitted science addict and natural ingredient espouser), and the products in more detail.  I just had to rave about them again today as having not used them in several months, I decided to apply them last Sunday night before bed and got completely lost in the luxurious experience of these treaures once again.  I've used the serum and moisturizer (the only two products by the brand currently, by the way) every night this week not able to deny myself of the pleasure using these products brings to my senses, my skin and sure, I'll say it, my very being.

Just a gander at the ingredients is enough to make a compelling argument in favor of the probability Sarpa and Istr are indeed potent, effective anti-aging products:

SARPA
a creamy-pink viscous gel serum, simply heavenly feeling on application

Hyaluronic Acid
Increases hydration and moisturization

Argireline, Leuphasyl and Syn-Ake
(a wrinkle reducing tripeptide similar to the peptide found in the venom of the Temple Viper snake)

Each of these three wrinkle reducing, peptide-loaded ingredients work together to produce Botox-like results, blocking muscles responsible for expression lines, reducing muscle cell contraction, relaxing lines and wrinkles.

Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000
Peptide messengers that boost collagen, elastin and fill-in wrinkles


ISTR
a rich cream custard-like in texture, buttery in color with a distinct peppery-marine-herbal scent

Living Sea Water
Rich, active living water enriched with Spring Seawater and Spirulina Blue Algae; moisturizing and anti-inflammatory in properties

Acqua Biomins
Rare trace elements like Germanium, Copper and Manganese that help protext against external aggressors and free radicals

Encapsulated Vitamins A, C and E

Ostrine
A unique oyster extract, amino acid rich that assists skin in eliminating toxins

Dermaxyl
Peptide messenger that boosts collagen, elastin and fills-in wrinkles

  
Sarpa and Istr both contain essential oils, each with its own special aromatherapeutic healing property 
  • Palmarosa - "turkish geranium", fungicide and bactericide restores balance and allows skin cells to rejuvenate 
  • Sandalwood - soothing, anti-inflammatory and healing properties for dry, sensitive skin 
  • Ravensara - "tree with healing leaves"; considered to be a magical plant by the Malagasy; restores balance, calms and invigorates; also thought to have anti-viral properties 
  • Clove - purifying, large-spectrum anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-infectious, anti-fungal, invigorating and healing 
  • Black Pepper - stimulates circulatory system and muscle tone 
  • Coriander - invigorating aphrodisiac soothes stressed skin (no wonder I'm attracted to these products so much)
  • Nutmeg - powerful tonic that restarts cellular vitality

Sarpa and Istr each come packaged in sleek, glass white jars and boxed with extra literature on the products and a tiny spatula (each has its own) to aid in keeping product fresh and untainted by not having to dip your fingers into the product.  The price is extravagant, but worth every single penny and then some. One only needs a tiny bit of product (a pea size for entire face) for each application. Therefore, a little goes a long way!

SARPA retails for $225 a 1-ounce jar, ISTR retails for $195 a 1-ounce jar.  FOUND skincare is available at Aedes (love that store), Zuneta (for our UK friends) and online directly from FOUND. I cannot wait for 9 p.m. to roll around so I can cleanse my face and experience Sarpa and Istr again tonight ... heavy sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin