Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Gorgeous Aroma of Luum Gift Candles



While eyeing all the gorgeous gifts, stationary and home decor in a local favorite here, Ana Bree's in Mandeville, I caught whiff of something altogether divine passing a display table with elgantly designed candles inside handsome brown boxes tied neatly with a chocolate brown ribbon. Well, you know what happened.  I had to stop! 

I picked up each and every Luum candle on the table with not a single one causing me to withdraw my nose in distaste.  Every single candle on the table diffused a beautiful scent in just the right amount of fragrance so as not to be overpowering, while still assuring confidence the candle's scent would last after many lightings. 

I'm not able to find too much about these candles online, and it's a shame as I believe the makers truly have something quite special here.  What I was able to determine is the candles come from et al designs.  I see they are available at Barnes & Noble (odd, right? this is a candle).  I suppose that's good for Ana Bree's shop, as short of ordering from B&N (and many scents are sold out), one must travel to the gorgeously outfitted store to sample the scents and pick one for a special treat.

Luum Gift Candles are inspired by the fragrances of legendary gardens. The beautiful, richly scented candle is sure to bring the charm of exotic climes to your home. They are housed in a substantial frosted-glass holder, and as mentioned above, the candle comes in a handsome box with a fold-down front, beautifully illustrated print paper wrapping the inside of the box, and ribbon tied making it perfect for gift giving.
  • Ingredients: palm wax, vegetable wax, paraffin wax, and microwax, 100% cotton wick
  • Candle dimensions: 3" high X 3.5" diameter
  • For safety, keep wick trimmed to 1/4"; avoid placing candle in drafts
  • Imported
 
The scents I discovered at Ana Bree's are Angel Trumpet (my favorite of all for sure), Lemon Grass (my second favorite and close to the top), Lavender, Frangipani, Jasmine, and there was one other with a blend of amber but the name escapes me at the moment.  They retail for approximately $40 each. Ana Bree's Home Decor and Gifts is located in Mandeville, LA at 1200 West Causeway Approach, (985) 624-3323. 
 
Search out these candles and please let me know please if you come across them anywhere else. xo

5 comments:

  1. wow what roman candle :)
    http://www.womensforum.in/general-beauty-care/
    Beauty Care Forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the amazing scent the candles must produce, the packaging is so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking candle. Just Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, right. I went into the store yesterday to let them know I'd been looking online for them and they seem to be exclusive in retailing them anywhere around here. The woman was like, "Yeah, we know!" I think they like it that way. Understandable.

    I've changed my mind, by the way, yesterday the lavender scented one became my favorite of the lot. Guess my scent desire changes with my mood. LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin