Set along dramatic volcanic beaches, the luxe but authentic Namale Resort is on the island of Savusavu, Fiji’s best-kept secret. From your traditional thatch-roofed villa you’ll have direct beach access to the lapping waves of the Koro Sea. This package includes round-trip airfare from L.A., meals and beverages, along with island activities such as a daily tank dive. Spend your days snorkeling the reef or picnicking on a private beach at this brilliant South Pacific escape.
- Travelscene makes the long-haul logistics a cinch, with round-trip airfare from LAX to Nadi (Fiji’s capital) and a domestic flight to Savusavu included in the package.
- Rate includes seven nights accommodations and all meals and beverages, including beer, wine, liquor and champagne.
- One tank dive per person, per day, is included.
- Fiji has one of the highest return tourist rates — its people are just that nice.
- The resort’s decadent spa (Fiji’s best) hangs over the cliffs.
- Borrow the resort’s walkie-talkies so you can be dropped off somewhere remote (a private beach or waterfall, perhaps) and radio back when you’re ready for pickup.
What to Know
- This trip is for seven nights at the resort; the two additional nights include travel time.
- Savusavu is a volcanic island where rugged black sand beaches are the norm.
- Fiji is 20 hours ahead of Los Angeles, so you lose a day in transit.
- If you’re traveling from the east coast, it’s a long journey. Consider spending a night in LA to break it up.
- Flights to Fiji are with Air Pacific, and no refunds or date changes are allowed.
- The domestic flight from Nadi to Savusavu is about an hour long.
- Tips are not included in package price. Tipping in Fiji is not customary.
All-Inclusive ~ Tropical ~ Romantic Travel
by Terry Ward
If you think all tropical vacations are created equal, you’ve never been to Fiji.
This remote South Pacific country, served by nonstop flights from Los Angeles, is home to some of the world’s friendliest people. You'll feel the warmth upon arriving at Namale Resort, where the staff and villagers greet you with a traditional welcome song. Despite the fact that nearly everything is included in this package, there’s nothing contrived or stereotypically all-inclusive about this experience.
Namale Resort is on the island of Vanua Levu (Fiji’s second-largest) in the country’s rugged north. This volcanic setting is a place where tourism clings passionately to authenticity. During your stay you’ll receive a daily activity list, detailing excursions around the island that might include a visit to a pearl farm or the chance to drink kava (the national beverage) with a village chief. Don’t be surprised if locals invite you to experience a local market with them, or try to bring you along to a Sunday church service.
Each bure has Koro Sea views — and outdoor space to enjoy them — but maintains total privacy.Your home for the week is an “garden tropical bure,” a traditional thatch-roofed villa modeled on Fijian chiefly dwellings. The villas retain an authentic feel but maximize comfort with spacious showers, spa baths for two and private decks surrounded by the jungle.
The bures are built overlooking a beach that stretches for several miles along the Koro Sea, with volcanic outcroppings punctuating the landscape and a backdrop of swaying coconut palms. After all, the property is an erstwhile copra plantation. At high tide, plumes of water erupt from Namale’s famous blowhole, right in front of the resort.
The premise here is that you can be as active or inactive as you wish. A Technicolor underwater world gives snorkelers a sensory-overload swim just a few steps off the beach. And hiking through the resort’s 525 tropical acres, set on a private peninsula rich with bird life and lush vegetation, is an experience in itself. But you can also opt to relax poolside or indulge in a spa treatment overlooking the dramatic cliffs in the wellness area, which has been named Fiji’s best spa.
The resort’s adults-only policy enhances the romance factor. At Namale, you’re far from your everyday, but most all, you’re greatly distanced from the ordinary.
Trips start in September and are available from $675 (single) - $920 (double) a night including round trip airfare, 7-night 8-day stay.
Click HERE for more information on this and other fantastic travel opportunities!
(Registration is free)