Thursday, March 13, 2008

REVIEW: Lancome Absolue Bx Makeup

Absolue Bx Makeup - Foundations

I wondered if I'd like this new foundation being such a huge fan of Lancome's Teint Idole foundation. I could hold out no longer hearing and seeing ads that talked about how wonderful it was; I purchased a bottle.

Now, I should start out by stating I'm near 40 (but holding on to 39 as long as I can), have combination skin type (normal/oily) prone to reddish, uneven skin tone. By definition, Lancome Teint Idole is really better formulated for my skin type, but I just had to have this new one too with its anti-aging properties.

WHAT I LIKE:

  • It has sunscreen of SPF 18 built in - yea!
  • The pump dispenser, frosted glass bottle packaging
  • It comes in a wide range of shades (12 to choose from)
  • This is an extremely creamy, rich textured foundation, very soothing
  • Although lush, it is a silicon-free formula that keeps it from settling in lines and pores
  • The coverage (med - full) is fantastic, better than I'd even expected
  • This is a superbly blendable foundation, appearing almost flawless post-application
  • It does, in fact, even out my skin tone
  • True to its marketing, the foundation does restore hydration and suppleness to the face
  • Stays in place all day (10-14 hours) without having to re-apply or touch-up

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

  • It's $57 USD - yikes! That's expensive for a bottle of foundation; even my holy grail foundation Giorgio Armani LSF is less expensive
  • It may be a little heavy (rich) for summertime use down here in the South for a combo-skinned gal, but won't know for a month or so

SHADES:

for more info or purchasing: lancome-usa.com, Bloomingdale's, Macy's, and at other Lancome counters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin