Wednesday, March 18, 2009

REVIEW: Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Skincare Line




New Olay Professional Pro-X is a scientifically advanced line of skin care products created by an inspired partnership of P&G Beauty scientists and renowned dermatologists. We gave you the scoop about it's launch this past December. Since then, Pro-X has been flying off the shelves, and with good reason!


Allow me to share some information as well as my experience with the Olay Pro-X Starter Kit. The Starter Kit is a skincare set containing key ProX products, introducing women to a three-part daily professional regimen. The kit was designed by the Olay Professional Alliance for Skin Care Innovation, a group of renowned dermatologists and Olay scientists and was subject to rigorous development and clinical testing. This is a huge coup for Olay - it's been a huge project for them and their efforts are seriously paying off.



WHAT IT DOES:

Olay Professional Pro-X Starter Protocol (the kit) is a scientifically advanced line of potent, proven, professional products that resignals skin by increasing surface turnover and hydrating to repair the stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the skin's epidermis). The anti-aging ingredients in patented formulas are designed to make skin more like younger skin by increasing surface turnover and repairing the moisture barrier.



THE FORMULA: (and products you'll find in this kit)

  • Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream - contains the Olay Pro wrinkle-fighting ingredient combination of Pal-KT and Pal-KTTKS Palmitoyl-peptides and Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), which hydrate to smooth uneven skin texture, strengthen skin's stratum corneum and improve elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Olay Professional Pro-X Age Repair Lotion with SPF30 - contains the Olay pro wrinkle-fighting ingredients plus a combination of UVB and UVA sunscreens that are formulated to achieve broad spectrum UV protection. This lotion also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Carnosine, antioxidants naturally found in the body that can help boost the intioxidant power of the skin's surface.
  • Olay Professional Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex - contains the Olay Pro wrinkle-fighting ingredients plus caffeine, which hydrates the skin's surface to reduce dryness in delicate eye areas.



REVIEW:
I am thrilled with the results I've achieved using this kit. For years, I've searched, tested, and subjected my skin to an array of products for the specific purpose of diminishing forehead lines and those little "11" lines that appear between the eyes. The combination of these products has successfully significantly reduced these lines and wrinkles. I only wish I would have taken before and after photos to show the comparisons. (note to self: important to do for blog reviews - lol).

Not only are the products results driven, they feel amazing on the skin. And each has a particular feel all its own. I've been using the products in the kit for two weeks. The Age Repair Lotion with SPF30 firms skin and is easily absorbed. I've been using it as my day moisturizer and sun protection. Elasticity has certainly improved as has skin tone; I notice a brighter and more even tone since using. The sun protection factor speaks for itself; that it is broad spectrum is even better. The eye cream feel like silk on skin. This product is also readily absorbed; there's no greasy feeling and skin is hydrated with less puffiness around the eyes. I've used this both in the morning and at night before bed with great results. The faint lines around my eyes have diminished as well. The super-power of the trio, in my opinion, is the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. I've been using it as my night cream and am thrilled with the results. I've noticed significant difference in the depth of my forehead lines/wrinkles and even the little "11" lines seem to be fading away. I want to re-emphasize that although I've had the great fortune to use phenomenol skincare products, some of which I'll not relinquish, nothing has been as effective at ridding that "11" spot in between my eyes and forehead wrinkles to the degree that these Olay Pro-X products have. The Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is a bit denser than the lotion (as you'd expect). My skin feels younger and definitely has a radiance and glowiness to it. I'm enjoying the results immensely and definitely highly recommend it to anyone wanting to truly make a difference in the youthfulness of their skin and reduce lines and wrinkles.

What I miss?
There are some important-to-me elements that I miss while using the products. The products for the most part are unscented, so I miss the lovely fragrance that comes along with using skincare inclusive of botanicals, essential oils, etc. I also miss the organic ingredients element, as that has become very important to me. I'll continue to use the Olay ProX products, as nothing has been as effective at getting the results I've received since starting the regimen, but I'll still supplement with my other tried and true organic favorites as well.

The price point of the ProX items and the kit, while a little high than other lines of Olay skincare , is very reasonable. Consider that you're getting professional-strength products that actually work! The Olay ProX Starter Kit retails for $68 and is available at most drugstore and mass merchandise dealers (while they can stock it - it goes fast). You can get it a lot cheaper than that by purchasing it through drugstore.com, and right now they have a coupon offer reducing the price even further. Check it out!

One more note: I've added another product over the last week that has increased the results I'm getting through my Olay ProX even further. I look forward to sharing my review with you. I've seen this product do things for my skin I didn't think (even imagine) were possible.

1 comment:

  1. This can be as much of a negative as a positive, simply because finding information to help you hone in on the one anti aging face cream which will be most effective for you can take much more time.

    Hydroxatone Review
    Top Anti Wrinkle cream

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin