Friday, June 4, 2010

QUICKIE MAKEUP TIP: Diminish Wrinkles, Lines, Pores



Ladies, ever wonder how to get just a littttttttle bit more help diminishing wrinkles on the forehead, small lines around the eyes or large pores?  Here's my lil' quickie tip!

Everyone tells you to apply primer, pore perfectors, etc. BEFORE you apply your foundation and concealer - and you should, that's true.  Doing so yields a smooth canvas for the other products.  However, to get the most out of those products, apply a bit of the perfecting product AFTER you've applied makeup as well.

As a woman in her early forties (yes, that's right early, not mid, not late, holding on for all I can - haha), I need all the help I can get in reducing the look of those pesky forehead lines and the "11" between my eyes. So after I'm completely finished applying my makeup, including finished with loose/setting powder, mascara, lips, blush, etc. (cuz you scrunch up your face when you apply mascaras as stuff and those lines scrunch right along with you), I press in a dab of line relaxing/pore minimizing product into those lines and on the sides of my nose. 

Warning: Just a little dab pressed in will do ya, cuz if you try to apply or press in too much your makeup will look cakey. That's not a good look!

My favorites that have gotten me through for years are: Clarins Smooth Perfecting Touch (enjoys a huge fan following, you could also try its drugstore dupe - the new L'Oreal Secret No. 1 Perfecting Base), Serious Skincare Insta-Tox (makeup artists swear by this stuff), Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector (not touted much but super effective with very visible results) and my newest find thanks to ShopNBC.com - Dr. Rey's Sensual Solutions Inhibitox Instant Wrinkle Erase.  The Inhibitox is probably my favorite, also the most expensive of the ones named, but I tell you, a little tiny dab pressed into lines and pores will perfect your face for hours. It's strong stuff. And the jar will easily last a year!

Here's where you can find these lovelies, or try it with what you already have on hand. Clarins Smooth Perfecting Touch (.5 oz jar - $32) at Clarins counters and Clarins USA online, Serious Skincare Insta-Tox (.75 oz tube $28.50) at HSN.com and online at Serious Skincare, Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector ( tube - $17.50) at Clinique beauty counters on Clinique online, and Dr. Rey's Sensual Solutions Inhibitox Instant Wrinkle Erase with AActive6-Exotics (1.7 oz jar - $110/$150) is available online at ShopNBC.com for $110 or at Nordstrom for $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin