Last Friday, The Fragrance Foundation revealed the top five finalists in each category of the 2010 FiFi Awards, considered the “Oscars” of the fragrance world. Superstar brands Calvin Klein, D & G, Diesel, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Shiseido, and YSL are among the Luxe finalists, while Nouveau Niche brands Bond No 9, Brooks Brothers, Issey Miyake, Jo Malone, and Narciso Rodriguez made the cut in their category. Winners will be announced on June 10th.
Fragrance fans nationwide can weigh in by voting for their favorites. Voting opens on Wednesday, April 28th and continues through Wednesday, May 19th. You may vote for your favorites at:
2010 Top Five FiFi Finalists
Fragrance of the Year: Women’s Luxe
- ckfree Calvin Klein – Coty Prestige
- D&G Fragrance Anthology - P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Givenchy PLAY - Parfums Givenchy
- Only the Brave - Diesel Fragrances, L'Oréal
- Shiseido Zen for Men – Shiseido Cosmetics America
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Avril Lavigne Black Star – P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Faith Hill Parfums – Coty
- Flirt! Flowerific Perfume Spray – The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Halle by Halle Berry – Coty
- Mariah Carey Ultra Pink – Elizabeth Arden
- Super Samba Woman – The Perfumer’s Workshop Int’l., Ltd.
- Playboy – Coty
- Seduction in Black, Antonio Banderas – Puig USA, Inc.
- Super Samba Man – The Perfumer’s Workshop Int’l, Ltd.
- Bond No. 9 Astor Place - Bond No. 9 New York
- Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf - L'Oréal USA
- essence narciso rodriguez eau de parfum - Beauté Prestige International
- Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- L'Eau Ambrée by Prada - Puig USA, Inc.
Fragrance of the Year Men’s Nouveau Niche (only 4 in this category)
- Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers Eau De Toilette – Inter Parfums USA
- Bond No. 9 Brooklyn – Bond No. 9 New York
- Bond No. 9 Perfume – Bond No. 9 New York
- Collage by 3.1 Phillip Lim & Natalie Gracia-Cetto, Ende/Anfang by Damir Doma & Yann Vasnier, Solar Donkey Power by Henrik Vibskov & Louise Turner, Smell by Henry Holland & Stephen Nilsen, Nicoll 17 by Richard Nicoll & Rodrigo Flores Roux, Whiskey Caramélisé by Toga & Alexandra Kosinski - Six Scents Parfums Inc.
Fragrance of the Year: Women’s Private Label/Direct Sell (only 4 in this category)
- Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Twilight Woods EDT - Bath & Body Works
- In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon - Avon Products, Inc.
- Love Rocks - Victoria's Secret
- Naturelle - Yves Rocher North America Inc.
Fragrance of the Year: Men’s Private Label/Direct Sell (only 3 in this category)
- comme une Evidence - Yves Rocher North America Inc.
- Patrick Dempsey 2 - Avon Products, Inc.
- Vertical - Victoria's Secret
- Baroque Pearl for Gump’s (women’s) - Through Smoke Creative
- Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (women’s) - Guerlain
- Halston Man Eau de Toilette (men’s) - Elizabeth Arden
- L'Oeuvre Noire Back to Black Aphrodisiac (unisex) - by Kilian
- Tom Ford Private Blend White Suede (unisex/women’s) - The Estée Lauder Companies
- Tuberose Trilogy (unisex) - Histoires de Parfums
Fragrance Hall of Fame Nominees (honors a fragrance that has been on the market for 15 or more years)
- CK one – Calvin Klein Cosmetics/Coty Prestige
- Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier- Beaute Prestige International
- Cristalle EDT - Chanel
- Donna Karan Cashmere Mist EDT – Donna Karan Cosmetics/Estee Lauder Companies
- Fahrenheit – Christian Dior Parfums
- Gap Dream – Inter Parfums, Inc.
- Pour un Homme – Caron Paris
- Rapture – Victoria’s Secret Beauty
- Red Door – Elizabeth Arden