Redken Creative Consultant Guido shares the goods on one trend for spring found off the runways at Fashion Week. Up or down, the new romantic looks have a more defined shape, with a grittier, slightly disheveled feel.
It’s fitting that leatherwear house Loewe showed sleek, leather-look ponytails on the runway. Here's how Guido created the look:
- Step 1: Brush in hardwear 16 super strong gel and gather hair in a ponytail
- Step 2: Flat-iron sections to create a slick finish. For best results with your flat iron, mist on iron silk 07 ultra straightening spray to smooth and protect hair.
These 70s-inspired waves were seen at this year's Versace show. To get the look:
- Step 1: Start by shampooing and conditioning with All Soft.
- Step 2: Blow-dry hair smooth, then curl with a medium-size curling iron to create soft bend.
- Step 3: Finger-comb, then apply a small amount of rewind 06 pliable styling paste to add soft separation.
- Step 1: Start by creating a high ponytail, then backcomb the tail to add texture.
- Step 2: Twirl it into a wide knot and secure with bobby-pins.
- Step 3: Mist hair with quick dry 18 instant finishing spray, then layer on vinyl glam 02 mega shine spray to add polish.
A revolutionary French twist with height and texture worthy of Marie Antoinette as seen at Louis Vuitton
- Step 1: Apply a nickel-sized amount of thickening lotion 06 body builder to damp hair and blow-dry.
- Step 2: Take 1-3 inch sections and curl hair using a curling iron.
- Step 3: Once curls have cooled, backcomb the entire head.
- Step 4: Gather hair in the back and twist to create a French twist and secure with bobby pins.
- Step 5: Mist hair with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray for humidity resistence and all day control.
Get the tousled braid seen at Alexander Wang, which goes perfectly with the designer’s modern take on American sportswear.
Step 1: Apply full frame 07 protective volumizing mousse, rough dry and swoop hair over one eye.
Step 2: Braid hair, letting the braid fall over your shoulder, tie loosely with elastic band, and pull out pieces to soften the look.