Thursday, October 9, 2008

Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation UVA/UVB SPF15



I have a new foundation love!

Smashbox just recently introduced their Camera Ready Full Coverage UVA/UVB SPF 15 Foundation and it is something to rave about, let me tell you. This is a a lightweight yet buildable cream to powder full coverage foundation that’s good for your skin. This luxurious, creamy formula glides on effortlessly leaving a semi-matte finish without being cakey or heavy. With cutting-edge skin smoothing ingredients, powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and Quercetin, and a mineral UV blocker (that's right, I said a 'mineral' UV blocker) that provides non-chemical SPF 15 sun protection, this foundation leaves skin looking naturally flawless. The innovative mirrored compact holds a custom foundation brush designed for seamless application at home or on-the-go.

Those who read me know I've been a big fan of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, Px Flawless Skin Foundation and Lancome Teinte Idole as my top three. And I still love all three of those. Who says a girl can't have lots and lots of 'favorites'? Camera Ready is very different than the others, and this is where it stands out. Not only is the packaging ultra cool, convenient and easy to throw in a makeup bag, purse or tote, but it comes with its own little soft-bristled application brush, which tucks neatly out of sight underneath the compact. The texture of this foundation is unbelievably dreamy. Creamy in texture, it blends easily into skin leaving a soft, semi-matte yet fresh and flawless face. Now, I have to show my amateurish ways in admitting I prefer to blend the foundation into my skin with my fingertips rather than the brush. I like the brush, it's very soft, to apply the product from the compact to my face, but to blend I find it much easier and more effective to use my fingers. As such, the creamy formula melts effortlessly into skin and provides such wonderful coverage that even my harder to cover reddish areas are concealed. Yet, it's not at all cakey or heavy. I am thrilled with the mineral SPF element, which as you may have noticed is broad spectrum protecting against both UVA and UVB rays. The foundation lives up to its claims; it is a creamy texture that dries to a silky-powdery finish. Furthermore, it held out for me all day. I kept checking the ladies' room mirror expecting to have to touch it up - nope. It was the same from morning until 7 pm. Although I'm a cool toned, pinky skin tone, Camera Ready's light yellowish tint lends a flawless match to my skin - just love it! As you may expect, or hope, a little goes a long way, thus the $38 price is certainly a value. This foundation met all my hopes and expectations and even exceeded them in the coverage factor.

Available in 10 shades from fair to dark



Free jumbo samples and free shipping with every order when you buy directly from Smashbox. You can even pick your own jumbo sample from their offerings. It's a win-win situation.

2 comments:

  1. I totally have to try this!

    ps...sent you some blog love =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is as wonderful as it sounds. The texture is so creamy yet it dries to a lovely, semi-matte finish. I've not used any of my other foundations since I tried this.

    Awww ... you sent blog love? Going to check it out.

    You are the sweetest! xo

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin