Wednesday, August 20, 2008

REVIEW: Beauty of the Amazon with Rahua Haircare

Straight from the Amazon comes Amazon Beauty™Rahua® Shampoo and Rahua® Conditioner. These products are created from ingredients harvested in the wild of the Amazon Rainforest. They embody the power, strength and beauty of the Amazon tribal women and contain the Rahua nut, which the women use to maintain their famously long, healthy, beautiful hair.

Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner are created with ingredients that are natural, organic, luxurious and sustainable. Rahua products are eco-friendly and give back to the Quechua-Shuar tribe women.

"The Amazon basin is the true original beauty garden of the world because of its plentiful indigenous plants, fruits and nuts that are high in antioxidants as well as hair and skin nourishing oils," says Fabian Lliguin, founder of Amazon Beauty. With pure extracts grown in the wild forests of the Amazon, they have created a collection of rare, potent elixirs in their haircare products that cleanse and condition the hair.

REVIEW: My experience with these products comes with a mixed review. While I appreciate the care Amazon Beauty has taken to bring quality products using sustainable, organic ingredients, I didn't get the clean feel to my hair that I prefer. I'm not one who has to have tremendous lather in a shampoo (and this shampoo does not later much), but I do like to feel the clean when I rinse my hair of the shampoo. It doesn't have to be squeaky (and really shoudn't be squeaky if you're treating your hair well), but it does need to not feel weighed down. On the upside, I can say the conditioner rocks! Despite that I didn't think my hair felt as clean as I like with the Rahua Shampoo, the conditioner does lend itself to creating soft, voluminous, shiny hair, even when used with a different brand of shampoo. The scent for both of the these products is very, very light, in fact really hardly noticeable, which is nice for those who prefer to smell of their chosen fragrance or unscented altogether. The packaging is nice (and eco-friendly, which I love) but can be slippery in the shower so hold on tightly to those bottles. The pricing is a steep, even for an organic, luxury brand, which is how they are marketing themselves. A bottle of Rahua Shampoo (9.3 oz) will run you $32 and a bottle of Rahua Conditioner (9.3 oz) is $34. Should you wish to try one of their elixirs or leave-in treatments, it could run you in excess of $100 a bottle. Now, I haven't tried any of the elixirs so they may be fabulous, but still way outside my price range when I can find fantastic products to treat my hair beautifully and with organic ingredients for much less.

For more information about Amazon Beauty and the Rahua line of haircare, please visit Amazon Beauty online.

1 comment:

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin