Sunday, August 31, 2008

A 40 Year Old Woman with Harajuku Love

Yes! This 40 year old woman has just purchased herself one of these adorable and fervently yummy fragrances. Love!

So this is the deal. My teenage daughter and I have been trying to pass the time away while on evacuation from Hurricane Gustav. What else would an admitted beauty addict do but shop for beauty in a time of stress? Well .......

While shopping the local Birmingham Urban Outfitters, I picked up a fab little bottle of Love, one of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers' scents. We don't have an Urban Outfitters near us, so this shopping expedition proved to be quite a treat, and for my daughter - a nice splurge (my bank account is still crying).

Love, a sensuous floral concocted by Yves Cassar and Pascal Gaurin of International Flavors & Fragrances, has top notes of sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach and bamboo leaf mist; a heart of watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paperwhites and Egyptian jasmine, and a drydown of petally ylang, creamy vanilla orchid, sensual musk and blond wood.

I am completely in love with Love! And luckily for me, it's perfectly appropriate for women of all ages ... don't let the cute little doll top fool you. For more information about these fragrances, see my former post on the fragrance line here. Otherwise, you can visit the dolls and girls in their "world" at the Harajuku Lovers website.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute...and functional =) Hope all is well with the hurricane situation. Have you returned home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee ...

    Yes, have returned home and we just got power back (thank goodness!)

    I gotta tell ya, I'm looooovin' this little fragrance. Have it on now as a matter of fact. ;o )

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin