Friday, June 6, 2008

REVIEW: Olay Definity

Olay Definity

Recently I had an opportunity to try out Olay's Definity line of skincare. I was actually very surprised at the technology of these products not to mention the results. Let me give you some scoop.



The Claims:
  • enhances skin collagen and moisture barrier structure
  • reduces the appearance of discolorations
  • improvies appearance of wrinkles
  • reveals luminous, more flawless skin that appears lit from within

The premise behind the development of the Olay Definity line, as opposed to some of their other lines of skincare, is that aging skin is perceived as more than just appearance of lines and wrinkles, to include uneven skin tone and skin discolorations (brown spots, redness etc). Researchers concluded that skin tone alone can impact a woman's perceived age by a range of up to 20 years!



Olay Definity's "Secret Ingredients"

Olay's exclusive Essential Glucosamine Complex drives this intervention

  • N-acetyl glucosamine: found to work with moisturizing Niacinamide to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmented spots and improve the overall evenness of skin tone
  • Niacinamide: works to hydrate and soften skin while creating a strong moisture barrier to help reduce the appearance of red, blotchy skin
The products reviewed:



Deep Penetrating Foaming Moisturizer


This is an aerated serum less dense than a lotion or cream, but with equal penetration performance. The unique aerated structure has more than 15 times the volume of an ordinary moisturizer and covers 50% more area than a cream, but feels virtually weightless on the skin. It's easier to spread than a cream or serum, hence more even skin coverage. In clinincal studies, this delivery proved to have a greater impact in improving the look of wrinkles compared to other traditional forms.













Correcting Protective Lotion with SPF15

Broad spectrum UV protection works together with the Olay-exclusive Essential Glucosamine Complex to fight the appearance of skin discolorations while helping prevent future sun damage to the skin, such as discolorations, fine lines and wrinkles. The Protective Lotion also provides an immediate luminous effect that helps correct the appearance of color imperfections.











Intense Hydrating Cream

Luxurious cream contains the highest levels of glycerin in the line to provide intense hydration deep into multiple layers of the skin. This deep hydrator provides an immediate luminosity benefit while reducing the appearance of discolorations and wrinkles.


REVIEW: I convinced a co-worker of mine to help me test these products. She's a 42 year old asian woman with almost wrinkle free skin. I say this because I think it's important to note that she really does have good genes already. BUT - she has become increasingly concerned about her age "showing" due to brown spots, dullness of skin tone and what she calls, "little brown and red dots appearing all over my skin this past year". She also has noticed loss of skin elasticity in her neck area. Now keep in mind, this is someone whose skincare regimen has consisted solely of washing her face with soap and water for all her years of life. She was NOT interested in committing to daily use of products, but be-grudingly agreed to help me try them when no one else in the office would.

My approach on this was to leave her alone and let her tell me what she thought as she had time to try them. I didn't have to wait long. The next week, she showed up at my office door beaming from ear to ear. This is what she reported (hear it said with a lovely Korean accent):

"Roxy, that skincare you gave me ... I can't believe it ... it is really working! My skin is so much brighter. I am surprised. I really see a difference, and my spots are fading... and it feels soooooo good when I put it on my skin. Even my daughter told me my face looks 'fresher'. Where do I get this and how much it gonna cost me?"

She was so joyful reporting her results; as if she'd found the fountain of youth almost. I had to smile! She's loving it so much she's even bought the collection for her mother and her mother-in-law, who both live in South Korea, and shipped it to them with instructions on use. I'm delighted with her enjoyment of the products and have to admit to really seeming a luminosity in her skin as well. She's glowing around the office. Thanks, Olay!

You can check out the complete line of Olay Definity products at most drugstores or you may go online for more information and to purchase. Each product ranges in price from $24 - $29.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin