Friday, June 6, 2008

REVIEW: Aveda Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lipcolor

Plump lips


When I first learned that Aveda was launching a hydrating, plumping lipstick, I was ecstatic! I really adore Aveda as a cosmetics line and many of my favorite lippies have come from them over the years. Two of my favorite shades have, of course, been discontinued (Sweet Petunia and Plum Orellano) so I needed to find a good replacement.

One thing I've always wished was a little different about Aveda lipsticks is that they can go on a bit chaulky. The result of the pigment on the lips is gorgeous, that's not the issue. It's more the way it actually feels going on the lips that lends itself to lack of smoothness. So when the news came out about Nourish-Mint, I was psyched to try it out.

The only real trick was selecting a color. There are 21 colors to choose from in the categories of peach, pink, rose, earth, plum, spice and nude. I went with Stargrape, one of the plum shades. It's beautiful!

Key ingredients:



Coconut, raspberry, pomegranate, bilberry, and certified organic spearmint and vanilla.

The benefits include a noticeably fuller lip, smoothing appearance of fine lines, increased moisture, refreshing organic spearmint and vanilla flavor and, of course, being as Earth conscious as Aveda is, the new packaging reduces waste by about 33%. Good news!


Review: Wonderful! I really like that the lipstick glides on a lot more smoothly than their previous formulas have. Still the same pleasant flavor, the gorgeous, rich color, the benefits of the ingredients as it does hydrate and create a fuller lip. I can't say I'm really noticing a whole lot of "plumping", but the rest makes this formualtion a definite winner in my book. At $14 a tube, it's comparable to other lippies and I like the "good for you" benefit!

You can learn more about Aveda Nourish-Mint and their other products at Aveda.com and Aveda Salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin