Monday, July 14, 2008

Go Nude to Smooth, Firm and Tone Your Body

Smoothing Body Refiner

Yes, that's right. Go Nude ...

I'm so impressed with Nude's Smoothing Body Refiner I simply had to tell you more about it. First, you should know I've tried many, many products marketing themselves as anti-cellulite, toning, firming, whatever the term-du-jour may be. Yes, I know there's a difference, but at the end of the day we all want one thing. We want to see real results. To be fair, I've had some nice results with some of the other products I've tried. I'd even say they are effective and worth buying. But this product is very different. This is the first time I've not only felt like I could actually see the difference in my skin, but I could feel the difference in my skin. There's more.

Let's take a look at what Nude's Smoothing Body Refiner is before I tell you more about my own experience. Nude is an eco-friendly skincare range fairly new to the market, founded by Bryan Meehan, the Irishman who set up Fresh & Wild (organic food store). The collection uses ingredients that the body can actually recognize. Nude works with the body's biology to deliver naturally beautiful results. Created with biocompatible ingredients that can be effectively utilized by the skin and safely metabolized by the body. This, as it turns out, is the key to the products' successful results.




ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

  • Organic mountain ash and fig extract: Efficacy tested to show a lipolytic effect, a reduction of adipocyte sizes, and an anti-dimple effect for smooth, firm skin.
  • Ginger extract: Has antioxidant and toning properties while also activating micro-circulation.
  • Organic Cupuacu: A butter that has anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.
Their Smoothing Body Refiner is a sort of light gel-cream textured product for all skin types. Stimulating organic mountain ash, phytoactive ginger and ginkgo increase localized circulation and detoxify while green coffee and organic fig extract tone for visibly smoother, firmer skin. Bioactive peptides reduce the signs of aging while nourishing cupuacu butter keeps skin smooth and supple. It has a light, fresh scent - very natural, and absorbs quickly into skin. It comes packaged in a sleek pump dispenser bottle.

The difference: Ok, as I said up top, this product yielded very different results than others have for me. The appearance of my skin is more toned and it also feels firmer to the touch. My skin is definitely smoother and more taut. Nude claims their particular variety of ingredients help the body flush fat cells. Fat cells or otherwise, my body is definitely ridding itself of something! It dawned on me about a week after using the product daily (I'm applying it in the morning) that I was in the ladies' room maybe 3-4x more often without increasing my water or other liquid intake. I didn't know this was a possible, but positive, side effect until I read more about the product online today, so I wasn't looking for it. I've never had a topical product of this kind be so effective as to actually notice this kind of result in body funtion. Recommended use is to apply it twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. I'm only applying in the morning and I can tell you I am seeing results. These aren't staggering, mind-blowing changes in appearance, but definitely subtle yet noticeable changes for the better.

What else may you be interested to know? Well, founder Bryan Meehan's partner in Nude is Ali Hewson, wife to U2's Bono and huge eco-friend. Ali is dedicated to ethical business and has been instrumental in designing and testing the range and pushing Nude to ensure their packaging and environmental impact are as responsible as possible. They are dedicated to producing products free from chemicals you would rather your body didn't absorb and are organic as much as possible. Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen have also been said to have lended some helping hands in product development.

Nude Smoothing Body Refiner sells for $70 a 6.8 oz bottle and is available at Nude Skincare, Sephora, Barney's and SpaceNK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know your thoughts. xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin